[olug] funny, true but funny

Dave Rowe dave at roweware.com
Thu Nov 19 14:54:50 UTC 2009

I still really don't get the argument behind this practice.  If you want a
PC without Windows, why not buy one _without_ Windows?  There are plenty of
options,

If I bought a vehicle with XM and never used it (I technically paid for the
hardware) - should I be able to yank it out and return it for a refund?  No,
I purchased the vehicle knowing full well what was installed, and therefore
paid for.

If you can't find a comparable PC without Windows for as cheap as the one
with Windows, then you can't really argue that you've actually _paid_ for
Windows.