[olug] filter ldap queries based on client request

Chad Homan choman at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 20:58:05 UTC 2009

Has anyone played with ldap enough to assist me with some filters, i what I
am tryingg to do is  even possible

I am using DSEE 6.3 on Sol 10 TX and here is the general idea.

I have a lot of hosts defined in ldap and they are labeled in a different
map (tnrhdb) based on IP.  If I query ldap
from a labeled zone or host.   I would like to limit my response to
hostnames and IP's labeled the same.  As a
side bonus, it would be nice if the getent (system lookup) also returned
host based on the same filter.

lmk, thanks in advance

Chad, CISSP

Ted Turner <http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/t/ted_turner.html>  -
"Sports is like a war without the killing."