[olug] Chumby Taking Orders for New Chumby One

Eric P eric.maillist at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 01:35:03 UTC 2009

Aaron Grothe wrote:
> Hey Guys,
>
> Chumby http://www.chumby.com is taking orders for their new Chumby One.  The Chumby is a cool little Linux Box with WiFi in it.  The Chumby one is currently selling for ~$100.00 (regularly $130.00) instead of the old $200.00 for the original one.  It is a cool little device with widgets for a lot of things.
>
> I ordered mine today.  I'll bring it to the December meeting if I get it by then.  More than likely I'll have to bring it for the January one.
>
> Regards,
>
> Aaron
> 0-0-0
> "The Journey is the Reward" - Old Zen Buddhist Saying

Aaron,

So I have been looking, and looking, and looking(!) everywhere for a decent quality alarm clock that I can set to wake
me up to any old MP3 (i.e., w/the MP3 stored internally or on an attached flash drive).  Amazingly, there are only a few
alarm clocks out there that can do this, and most of them are pretty cruddy quality and/or have serious drawbacks.

After looking at the Chumby One, I think I just found what I'm looking for (and a whole ton more!)

Thanks,
Eric