[olug] HAL/devicekit was Auto-mount prompt for eSATA drive

T. J. Brumfield enderandrew at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 00:13:39 UTC 2009

I've read that HAL is suddenly deprecated and that everything will
likely move to DeviceKit.

Somehow I missed discussion on why HAL is being deprecated. I'm also
curious if I can try out DeviceKit myself now. Is it currently usable
for everyday use? Are there any distros currently using it?

-- T. J.