[olug] net "neutrality"

Luke-Jr luke at dashjr.org
Wed Nov 4 18:42:24 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 04 November 2009 11:38:52 am Kevin wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 07:10, Steven Susbauer
>
> > Unfortunately this isn't the Cox version, else it would be "$49.99 for
> > three months*".
>
> *<small>Rate applies for the first three months of service. Offer open
> to new customers only. After the first three months, regular rate
> applies.</small>
>
> How much is it after that? Well, after much digging on their website,
> I must conclude that they're really going to ream you in
> the.....wallet, because I can't find anywhere on their website where
> it'll tell you.

I call BS. :p

Premier Internet
$44.99 a month for 6 months
Offer Details and Terms  <-- click here to get:

Offer expires 12/31/09 and is available only to residential customers in Cox
wired serviceable areas, who newly subscribe to Cox High Speed Internet.
$44.99/mo offer limited to the first five months of Cox High Speed Internet
Premier Package; thereafter, the regular monthly rate of $59.99 applies.
                                                               LOOK HERE ^^^^^
Actual speeds will vary and are not guaranteed. PowerBoost is a registered
trademark of Comcast Corporation. Internet service available to residential
customers in Cox areas. Cable modem is required. Uninterrupted or error-free
Internet service, or the speed of your service, is not guaranteed.
Installation fees may apply. Cox Security Suite is included with your
subscription to Cox High Speed Internet and will automatically terminate upon
termination of your Cox High Speed Internet service. Cox cannot guarantee the
intended results from the McAfee services or that the McAfee software will be
error-free, free from interruptions or other failures. The McAfee services and
features are subject to change and are not available for Apple users. McAfee
is a trademark of McAfee, Inc., and /or its affiliates. Rhapsody is a
trademark of RealNetworks, Inc. Other restrictions may apply.