[olug] Wireless bridge

Rob Townley rob.townley at gmail.com
Mon May 18 18:31:04 UTC 2009

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 11:06 AM, Abraham Serafino
<abrahams at teknohazard.com> wrote:
> Okay, I didn't hear that. ;)
>
> On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 11:02 AM, DYNATRON tech <dynatron at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> try configuring from (oosh) a windows machine using the "driver CD", then
>> replace the windows machine with your linux box.
>>
>> if it doesn't work, keep the (oosh) windows box hooked up, and call tech
>> support.
>>
>> that seems like the quickest way to get you going right now.
>>

>> On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 8:15 AM, Abraham Serafino
>>  <abrahams at teknohazard.com>wrote:
>>
>> > Sorry, I meant to say that I tried Adam Lassek's idea. ><

>> > machines
>> > straight
>> > list...
>> > internal

>> > 'er
>> > plugged
>> > why
>> network
>> ifconfig,
>> > like
>> > my
>> > no

>> > either

>> attached
>> or
>> > 3
>> > just

>> > bridge.
>> > lights
>> devices.)

>> > already

>> from

>> > life."
>> > >

>> > --
>> > Thanks!
>> > Abraham Serafino
>> > email: abrahams at teknohazard.com
>> > homepage: http://www.teknohazard.com/blog
>> >
>> > "He who believes in Me, believes not in Me but in Him who sent Me."
>> > "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting
>> life."
>> > -- Jesus Christ
>> >

>> --
>> dynatron digital services
>> box 191 - 68037
>> www.dynatron.org
>> dynatron at gmail.com
>>

> --
> Thanks!
> Abraham Serafino
> email: abrahams at teknohazard.com
> homepage: http://www.teknohazard.com/blog
>
> "He who believes in Me, believes not in Me but in Him who sent Me."
> "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life."
> -- Jesus Christ

Initially run the test very close to the source access point because
if PCs have problems connecting to your WAP, then this repeater could
as well.  Some of these come with antennas that people especially
infants should stay away a couple of feet at least.

He meant to say to install Virtual Machine hosting software and
install Windows as a guest.  Then run ethereal on the host adapter to
see what magic cookies are being sent to discover the hardware.
Playback with tcpreplay from Linux.  You might try pinging some of the
multicast addresses such as 224.0.0.1.