[olug] Wireless bridge

Adam Lassek adam at doubleprime.net
Sat May 16 03:34:21 UTC 2009

I've been using wireless bridges with my desktop PC for years, I've never
been satisfied with the wireless connection process in Linux or Windows.
Once configured, you can indeed plug any ethernet-ready device into it. They
are an excellent way to provide always-on no-hassle network connectivity in
a wireless environment.

The setup process is pretty simple: connect it to your pc, open the default
IP address in a browser (I've sometimes needed to configure the PC as a
static IP on the same subnet to access this. See your manual for the default
IP) and enter the details for your wireless signal. From then on, it will
automatically connect to the network and pass your network traffic through
transparently.