[olug] Wireless bridge

Abraham Serafino abrahams at teknohazard.com
Thu May 14 23:13:31 UTC 2009

Does anyone have experience setting up an ethernet/wifi bridge device on a
desktop? I am too far from the wireless router at home to get much of a
signal on my desktop computer, so I bought a device which purports to bridge
two networks - with a wifi antenna on one end and an ethernet jack on the
other. It has software for Windows, but I couldn't get it configured either
there or under Linux.

Supposedly it has a web server running on it when it's plugged in, and
functions much like a router, serving up DHCP to the host that plugs into
it... but I can't reach the device over my wired network from Ubuntu. I've
searched the boards, searched Google, but I just can't seem to find anything
about how to get this little mother working. Plenty of advice for turning a
laptop into a wireless bridge, but when it comes to this there is just
silence.

Thanks!
Abraham Serafino
email: abrahams at teknohazard.com
homepage: http://www.teknohazard.com/blog

"He who believes in Me, believes not in Me but in Him who sent Me."
"Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life."
-- Jesus Christ