[olug] sftp using cURL

DYNATRON tech dynatron at gmail.com
Mon May 11 13:39:55 UTC 2009

for some reason, curl -V now (3 days later) reports the supported protocols
on my laptop. don't ask me why it didn't before, but now it does....

administrator at bunt:~$ curl -V
curl 7.18.0 (i486-pc-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.18.0 OpenSSL/0.9.8g
zlib/1.2.3.3libidn/1.1
Protocols: tftp ftp telnet dict ldap ldaps http file https ftps
Features: GSS-Negotiate IDN IPv6 Largefile NTLM SSL libz

my laptop version does not support sftp.

administrator at bunt:~$ curl -V
curl 7.18.0 (i486-pc-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.18.0 OpenSSL/0.9.8g
zlib/1.2.3.3libidn/1.1
Protocols: tftp ftp telnet dict ldap ldaps http file https ftps
Features: GSS-Negotiate IDN IPv6 Largefile NTLM SSL libz

this is the output from my new 9.04 box....

administrator at bunt:~$ curl -V
curl 7.18.2 (i486-pc-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.18.2 OpenSSL/0.9.8g
zlib/1.2.3.3libidn/1.10
Protocols: tftp ftp telnet dict ldap ldaps http file https ftps
Features: GSS-Negotiate IDN IPv6 Largefile NTLM SSL libz

this version does not support sftp either. it seems that this functionality
needs to be added to the default implementation.

--
dynatron digital services
box 191 - 68037
dynatron at gmail.com