[olug] sftp using cURL

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Sat May 9 15:43:35 UTC 2009

On Sat, May 9, 2009 at 08:53, DYNATRON tech <dynatron at gmail.com> wrote:

> i'm trying to push a file to an sftp server using curl. i keep getting a
> "(1) protocol not supported or disabled in libcurl" error, but the cURL
> website states....

I can't speak for the curl command line program, but is "libcurl" part of
the curl cli package, or is it separate? It could be that you need to get a
recompiled version of libcurl that supports sftp.

This link mentions that sftp is lacking due to some concern over package
dependencies:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AptSftpSupport

You might want to download the curl source and try building it...or work
with Ubuntu development to resolve the issues.  :-)  (yeah, the first option
is much easier...)

You could also try installing the curl.haxx.se pre-compiled version which
says it has SSL:
http://curl.haxx.se/download.html

Dan

(BTW, curl is at 7.19.4 as reported on this URL: http://curl.haxx.se/)