[olug] Server Motherboard Recomendations.

Dan Clough dclough at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 15:01:40 UTC 2009

The hair was well-maintained but it was long and bushy.  I don't know
what they really expected from a 19 year old college kid but oh well.
Hah, and yes, clean undies were worn.  College isn't THAT expensive...
Yet.

A T1 was just fine for serving a personal website.  In fact, in some
cases my cable connection was the limiting factor (uploading).  What
helped the most was having truly static IP addressing so I didn't have
to worry about my IP changing on me after a little downtime, and
having an actual rack to put my servers in.  And as an aside, helping
out Jay around his shop has given me real-world experience to back up
an otherwise worthless college degree.

If the community colo idea takes off then both of the aforementioned
concerns would be eliminated for me.  I'd love to donate time, money
and energy whereever I can to make it work.

Dan