[olug] OT: Used Routers

Rob Townley rob.townley at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 21:30:28 UTC 2009

On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 10:43 AM, Phil Brutsche <phil at brutsche.us> wrote:
> Many of them try to be very Cisco-ish on their command line, some are
> more Cisco-ish than others.
>
> What little I've seen of JunOS (for Juniper routers) is that it is the
> most un-Cisco-ish of them all.
>
> Foundry is very, very similar.
>
> I haven't used any current Extreme gear, but the last time I tried it it
> is more like CatOS than IOS.
>
> Dan Clough wrote:
>> P.S. What's everyone's take on some other equipment manufacturers -
>> notably Extreme, Juniper, Foundry/Brocade, etc.  How's the learning
>> curve coming from a strictly IOS environment?
>
> --
>
> Phil Brutsche
> phil at brutsche.us

Speaking of ciscoish-on-the-command line, PolicyRouting.org seems to
indicate that /sbin/ip commands are very similar to cisco, but since i
don't have Cisco experience, i dont have a gauge as to how ciscoish
iproute2 is.

boycott cisco because their fascist tentacles blocked
buffalotechnology's wireless g.
Stick with opensource Untangle or openwrt and /sbin/ip.