[olug] OT: Used Routers

Dan Clough dclough at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 05:13:39 UTC 2009

I'm in need of a used Cisco router, preferrably a newer model like the
1800/2800 that I can use behind my cable modem.  My current Linksys
router and all the other consumer-grade setups I've found don't have
anywhere near what I'm looking for in terms of fine-grain
configuration and management.  I'll just be doing ethernet-to-ethernet
routing, nothing special and I'm definitely not dealing with BGP.

eBay is out of the question for quality control purposes.  Google is
usually my best friend for this kind of stuff, but all I can find
searching for "used cisco router" is a bunch of stupid "network
liquidation" websites with no solid prices, just those annoying
"Request a Quote" buttons.  I'd be grateful if someone could point me
in the right direction.

Dan