[olug] OT

David Walker olug at grax.com
Fri Mar 13 20:39:58 UTC 2009

Printing on Windows.  In my opinion, a printable document should be a
lot simpler to create.  There is no built-in command to open an image, a
pdf, and then print it.  I know I can use an internet explorer control
and a print command from there or do some things with the adobe objects
but those things seem likes workarounds for something the .NET system
should support inherently, given the other things that it does support.

If you know of some free printing libraries or commands I can use, I
would appreciate it.  As it is, I have things working to my satisfaction
at the moment but I would like a sturdier approach.

Overall I like the language and I may consider it for future Linux
development with Mono.