[olug] State auction

Irish irish.masms at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 20:34:58 UTC 2009

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 8:14 AM, Obi-Wan <obiwan at jedi.com> wrote:

> I just found this in the OWH classifieds (but not the LJS, surprisingly).
> I actually found this ad while searching for camera equipment, but the
> it's that list of computer stuff near the top that caught my eye.
> Unfortunately, I'm otherwise detained that morning.
>
> AUCTION
> STATE OF NEBRASKA SURPLUS PROPERTY
> SAT. MAR. 14; 9AM
> 5001 SO. 14TH ST. (just south of the State Pen)
> LINCOLN, NE
>

> [snipped]

Good luck with them - the few times I went, the lots were so large I could
not afford the bids the pro's were throwing around. Yes, the professional
surplus folks, who can float their costs over multiple lots and still make a
profit.

You might have better luck with the local GSA auctions, but again the lots
tend to be larger than an individual can deal with.