[olug] MythTV - Cox Communications

Kenny Kant kenny.kant at running-config.com
Sat Mar 7 14:59:27 UTC 2009

Those features look promising.  I am still questioning why we need the
Haupauge HD card when the HDHomeRun is available already?  The big thing
in 0.22 features will be that NVIDIA decode support!

BTW here is Cox's first response to me on the firewire port:

"Dear Mr. Kant:

Thank you for your inquiry.  Cox is committed to providing the best
customer service possible.

I will be happy to assist you and give you all the information that we
have available concerning the FIREWIRE port.  First only our 6200 HD
only receivers and DVR receivers have the FIREWIRE ports.  They are
active and useable.   You will need to update your services to our
digital service with either the HD only or DVR receiver.  At this time
this is all the information I have concerning this port.  I am in the
process of gathering more information for you.  I just wanted to let you
know that we do have this available and what receivers they are on.  I
will contact you again when I have more information for you.  This will
probably be sometime next week.  If you have other questions, please let
us know and I will be happy to research them for you.

Thank you for choosing Cox Communications as Your Friend in the Digital
Age!

Thank you.

Cox Communications Online Technical Support Team"