[olug] domain name registrar recommendations

Korey Kaczor koreykaczor at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 04:46:41 UTC 2009

Whatever you do, avoid 1and1.com.  Those scumbags sent creditors after me
after they automatically renewed, without my explicit permission, a
forgotten domain on me with an expired credit card, despite such a thing
being against ICANN's accreditor agreement.

For the record, I didn't pay up since the domain wasn't used and was
cancelled 3 days after I found out what they were trying to do.  Apparently
$40 is necessary to have a domain for three days there.