[olug] domain name registrar recommendations

Dave Thacker dthacker9 at cox.net
Sun Jun 14 13:39:16 UTC 2009

On Sunday 14 June 2009 00:39:06 Eric P wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone give me a domain name registrar recommendation?  I'm not too
> familiar with the reputation of common domain name registrars,  We use
> Netsol at work, but they seem a tad on the pricey side.
>
> The only one I think I'll stay away from for sure is GoDaddy after spending
> some time on NoDaddy.com (a GoDaddy sucks type website).

I use PairNic.com,  They're not the cheapest, but I've had zero problems with
a dozen or so domains over 5 years.   Compared to godaddy, the registration
and renewal process is quicker, and PairNic doesn't try to sell you a bunch
on unneeded junk when you register.   Pair Networks supports many open source
projects, including perlmonks.org and maintains a CPAN repository, so I
consider them good net citizens.   I heartily recommend them.

Dave Thacker