[olug] domain name registrar recommendations

Obi-Wan obiwan at jedi.com
Sun Jun 14 05:57:45 UTC 2009

> Can anyone give me a domain name registrar recommendation?  I'm not too familiar with the reputation of common domain
> name registrars,  We use Netsol at work, but they seem a tad on the pricey side.
>
> The only one I think I'll stay away from for sure is GoDaddy after spending some time on NoDaddy.com (a GoDaddy sucks
> type website).

I use Network Solutions / Verisign for jedi.com, mainly because they
were they only game in town back when I first registered it.  They're
pricy, but they make management of a large number of domains pretty
easy.

We used eNom at the hospital.  They're a lot cheaper than NetSol, and
we didn't have any problems.  Bulk management isn't quite as easy.

I currently use GoDaddy for all my new domains, of which there are only
a handful.  They're cheap, and I haven't had any problems.  I've never
looked into their bulk management facilities.  I don't care much for
their advertising methods, but I can overlook that I suppose.