[olug] Linux help

Brady Cox brady.cox at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 13:55:34 UTC 2009

I am totally biased, but +1 for Google Apps.

I use it for all of my outside of work organizations and I love that I
never have to think about it, unless I am adding a new user.  It just
works.  It's also transparent to the customers/clients of the org you
install it for.

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 8:24 AM, Brian Roberson<roberson at olug.org> wrote:
> This looks promising if your users *expect* to use outlook:
>
> http://www.networkworld.com/news/2009/060909-google-outlook-gmail.html?source=NWWNLE_nlt_daily_am_2009-06-10
>

> On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 12:38 PM, adam davis <radamdavis at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> I am doing an unpaid internship at a non-for-profit agency. They are
>> wanting to put in an email server. This way so they sync up there calendars.
>>
>> Currently they have 3 XP pro machines which I will be putting into a
>> domain. But I am wondering if there is a Linux alternative to outlook.
>>
>> Thanks for all your input.
>>
>> Adam
>>
>>  In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of
>> people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."
>>

>> "REBOOT THE USER".
>>

>> "There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who
>> don't." - a geek

If you've received this email, congratulations you just won a gold
star!  Please make one and present it to yourself.  If you've received
this message in error please ignore all the content including the
above award, but you still must comply with the next part.  You are
now required to send me the sum of Twenty Dollars in U.S. Currency (I
will also accept Euros) for the entertainment value of the above email
from me you have just read.  The legal obligations set forth in this
email signature are subject to change due to the whims of the author
of this email and may change at any time.  Complaints may be kept to
yourself.  To unsubscribe, please visit the subscription page and
subscribe first.  Since no such subscription exists, you cannot
unsubscribe and by trying to, you are a silly person.  All Sales
Final.  Management reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for
any reason.  No shirt, no shoes, no service.  Objects may be larger
than they appear.  Caution - May Contain Peanuts.