[olug] Ubuntu, cant su root

adunlop techworld.mail at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 20:15:41 UTC 2009

I do most of my work as root.  If you don't know the specific and
detailed consequence of the command you're about to run, you shouldn't
be running it as any user.  If you haven't double-checked the command
before you hit enter you deserve what's coming.  I think that using
sudo to keep yourself from causing damage is a sloppy way of doing shop.

And with anything else, don't run untested commands on a production
box, and keep backups of all work.