[olug] displays for outdoors

Eric P eric.maillist at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 20:19:59 UTC 2009

Is anyone aware of any displays (10" on up) in the market that can work w/o a back light (i.e., outdoors, etc.)?
Something like the OLPC's XO monitor (but not the XO - it's just too small).

I'm not really interested in the closed box implementations (i.e., Kindle, Sony's reader, etc.).  I'd like just a
regular monitor that I could hook up to a Linux box or, better yet, a netbook/laptop that already has such a monitor.

I have several books on PDF, but my eyes take such a beating trying to read them on a back lit monitor that it's not
worth the toll.

Thanks for any ideas.
Eric P.