[olug] Using "Google Maps" offline?

Will Langford unfies at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 00:52:54 UTC 2009

> Kind of funny how us scouts tend to prefer map and compass ;)  When I
> was younger I use to participate in orienteering races.

Was a boy scout for a couple years, have lived in several countries and such
--- and fairly young (31).  I tend to prefer a map and possible compass as
well.... and find it irritating to talk to someone who doesn't know which
way is 'north' from wherever they happen to be hehehe.  I've never gotten
accustomed to GPS stuff just yet.  Undoubtedly because I don't have exposure
(my iPhone is an original, not 3g/3gs)... and I prefer maps to an in car
GPS.

-Will