[olug] Exporting and NFS mount from AIX to RHEL

Jay Swackhamer Jay at RebootTheUser.com
Wed Jul 15 16:14:44 UTC 2009

We have an AIX server that we NFS mount for backups.

Nothing special, just an /etc/exports entry on the AIX machine
and mount on the RH machine with

/bin/mount ${BACKSVR}:/osbaks ${BASE_DIR}

are the portmap/nfs processes running and available on the AIX machine?

The aix side runs it from /etc/inittab.

have you nmap'd the AIX machine from the redhat box to make sure the
path is clear?

--
Jay Swackhamer
Reboot The User