[olug] Media management software

Lane Roberts roberts.lane at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 21:50:39 UTC 2009

At work we have had pretty good luck with resourceSpace. It does almost
exactly as you describe - it pulls the exif tags into a searchable database
on upload, automatically creates thumbnails and mid-size images, and will
also handle audio and video, though we haven't used it that way. It is
accessible over http(s) as long as you have the server configured for it. It
seems to work best on a Linux host, though we've been using it on OS X
without any huge issues.
It also has good permissions support - differing levels of access based on
account type.

Definitely worth taking a look:

http://www.resourcespace.org/

lwr