[olug] heya olug people

bear bigbear at belproject.org
Wed Jul 1 11:52:00 UTC 2009

I am known as Big Bear, in many forums and irc channels as bigbearomaha.

I stopped into the OLUG irc channel today and met someone with a tag of
"deafferret" who thought I wouldn't be too disruptive if i stopped in to
tell you a little about BEL Project and me.

I live in South Omaha and run a small network consulting business. I am
also the lead and coordinator of BEL Project http://belproject.org

I also head up the local BEL blug ( business linux user group) and work
with schools, non-profits and small businesses in the Omaha area
providing assistance in adopting Linux and OpenSource tools and software.

You can learn a lot more about BEL Project at the website and I hope to
be able to participate at some level with the Omaha LUG.  (your meetings
fall during my 'other' jobs work hours, so I won't likely get to attend
those.)

I also joined or requested to join rather, the linkedin site and olug
group there as well. (as suggested by deafferrret also)

I hope to get a chance to communicate and possibly work with some other
Omaha area Linux users in the near future, feel free to email me or find
me in irc channel Freenode #belsolution or I will try to stop in
frequently to the omahalug channel in freenode as well.

Big Bear