[olug] Alltell / Windstream and a new DSL modem...

Dan Staehr staehrmedia at neb.rr.com
Thu Jan 29 18:32:31 UTC 2009

the Speedstream DSL modems are junk, I've had several customers that
have had problems with them, granted, all of them using Windows boxes. I
had one too for a short while before switching to Road Runner.

While Speedstream is the modem of choice from the ISP, is there any
other alternatives like a DSL modem/wireless router that would work.

Also OT for a Linux list, but do any of you have experience with
satelite broadband or long range wireless access. I have a client in
Raymond, NE that is using DSL and has had all sorts of problems.

Dan Staehr
Staehr Media Services