[olug] Good Desktop Wireless for Ubuntu

Chad Homan choman at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 21:15:50 UTC 2009

Hey Dave

I put a D-Link WDA-1320 (98% sure) in one of my brothers desktops
and have had no issues connecting to wireless with the last three
versions of ubuntu. That includes 8.10.  The only downside is the lack
of wireless-N support on the card.  I checked newegg also, they want $30

I will confirm this card on monday or tues

On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 3:05 PM, Dave Thacker <dthacker9 at cox.net> wrote:

> Hey folks,
> Daughter wants to put a desktop wireless card in her Ubuntu PC.   I realize
> that wireless can be painful depending on the chipset.  Does someone have a
> recommendation for a PCI or USB card that they've found easy to use with
> Ubuntu?  In the meantime, I'll be studying the Ubuntu Hardware List[1]
>
> Thanks!  Dave
>
> [1]https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/WirelessCardsSupported

Chad, CISSP