[olug] Xen Load Testing, and one other thing...

home slice homeslice at packetfury.com
Mon Jan 12 22:09:00 UTC 2009

Hello,
        Anyone got ideas on how to load test a box with 15 CentOS virtuals?
I thought of a few things to run, I am basiclly wanting to emulate mysql
queries, crappy code, and something else without putting in a few days of
writing stuff.
 Anyone seen such a thing?

2008 server with mssql2008 is in the works to take care of the crappy code
part *jab jab*, na just kidding, 2008 isnt too bad.

In case anyone is curious, one cpu is indicating 25% usage, the other 7cpus
indicate 0.2%, which is better than I expected considering they all have KDE
running and VNC sessions running.
Each VM is allocated 3CPUs and 512MB ram.

That leads me to wonder about something, is there a way to allocate which
CPU's are to be used by which machines? I'd imagine that the option to do
that may cause issues with people at some point. I dunno, just curious.

Thx,

Charles