[olug] mythtv parts ordered

Will Langford unfies at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 05:31:46 UTC 2009

Wow.

This has been a royal pain in the ass.

I'm used to doing bios updates from PXE at work, I totally skipped it on the
new motherboard and stuff I got.

And then installing the bios update was a royal PITA because every floppy I
have is about 15 years old and not that reliable.... although the USB floppy
drive I have works.  No exaggeration on the 15 years, btw :)

Fought for... 10 hours, no love getting audio over HDMI.  Edited alsa source
code, played with configuration files, changed nvidia driver version, the
works.  No love.  This morning did the BIOS update, viola.... audio over
HDMI works.  Is it possible to hate yourself into a coma ?

Some mythtv backend configuration stuffs for hauppage card love on quality
so things aren't so interlaced looking... and things get a bit better.  Some
hand editing of ~/.lirc/mythtv to get one of the buttons on my MCE remote to
work... and things are a bit better.  Now all I gotta do is get live tv
rewind/fast forward to cooperate.  Both tuners seem quite happy.

I'm gonna prolly toast this install since I ran through ALOT of hoops before
trying the BIOS update... thereby kinda making my install a bit goofy.  The
only thing I need to figure out at the moment is hauppage
gama/contrast/sharpness control.  After I do that, I'll get a better full on
write up going.

-Will