[olug] Looking for cheap but "good" Switches

home slice homeslice at packetfury.com
Thu Jan 8 23:24:45 UTC 2009

because the typical linksys has pretty poor throughput from what I've seen.
No one really states what is what on their switches if they are cheap too,
that makes it a bit more difficult to figure out.
I know somewhere out there someone is cracking their knuckles at their
keyboard, about to type..."If you want a good switch you'r gonna have to
spend some good money", which I know.  I also know that there has to be
someone out there that manufactures something that truly is simple, dumb,
fast, and somewhat cheap, like under 500-300 bucks i would hope.

Charles