[olug] Linux Compatible Hardware

Jon Larsen relayer at levania.org
Sun Jan 4 16:29:51 UTC 2009

Logitech maintains a list of compatible webcams on their site -
http://www.quickcamteam.net/
Many of Logitech's 2008 models work with linux, mostly ones that are $45
and up.  I'm using a S5500 at home and a 9000 Pro at work.  Check their
list.

Most bluetooth USB dongles will work fine - I'm using a cirago
<http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833242001> on my
laptop and a D-Link on my desktop.  During my presentation for the
December OLUG meeting, I showed my motorola cell phone paired with my
laptop.  Browsing the filesystem, and copying to and from the phone.
Some phones do not support file transfers (my blackberry 8820 does not,
only headset and av remote).  I would look into the bluetooth
capabilities of the blackjack ii before spending money on a bluetooth
usb dongle.

Jon L.