[olug] Linux Compatible Hardware

John Hobbs john at velvetcache.org
Fri Jan 2 06:09:27 UTC 2009

I've had luck with a several, none pink though :-)

There is a big list of compatibles with (g)spca here:
http://mxhaard.free.fr/spca5xx.html  I've used that driver with a lot of
success.

I also have a Logitech I've used through UVC, they have a well organized
list too: http://linux-uvc.berlios.de/#devices  Watch out on the Logitech,
esp. second hand.  Some have a firmware issue that makes them unstable with
UVC, found that out the hard way.

When I started buying webcams (for a project) I just checked those lists and
Amazon and bought what I thought would serve me the best.

As far as bluetooth, I had a USB one that I got at walmart that worked for
playing with bluesnarfing, no idea where that wandered off to though.  It
was a cheap one and easy to get working, that's always a good sign.

- John Hobbs

john at velvetcache.org

http://www.velvetcache.org/