[olug] Monitoring multiple CPUs and cores

Phil Brutsche phil at brutsche.us
Tue Feb 24 19:53:01 UTC 2009

Generally speaking something like cacti (http://www.cacti.net - my first
choice) or munin or zabbix or MRTG or ... would work beautifully for
what you need. I highly recommend it in any environment where you want
to create graphs from SNMP-enabled devices. Especially those nifty
routers and switches :)

Unfortunately, it won't work here. The de-facto Linux SNMP agent -
net-snmp - doesn't properly handle any sort of multi-core setups, either
multiple single-core CPUs or one (or more) multi-core CPUs.

--

Phil Brutsche
phil at brutsche.us