[olug] Monitoring multiple CPUs and cores

Ryan Stille ryan at cfwebtools.com
Tue Feb 24 17:19:22 UTC 2009

I need to monitor how a new process is loading up our dual CPU / 8 core
machine.  I've installed mpstat, and that gives a nice %idle for each
core when I run it.  But thats not exactly what I'm looking for.

I'd like to have a real time chart on my WinXP machine.  Is there any
way this is possible?  I think the closest I could get would be to open
a remote X session from here and run something like
gnome-system-monitor.  Unfortunately there is GUI installed on the
server at all, so I don't think thats possible.

-Ryan