[olug] OT Need Open Source Notification Tool

Kevin sharpestmarble at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 14:43:43 UTC 2009

How about Nagios? http://www.nagios.org. Google their name and their
subtitle is: "Nagios is an enterprise-class monitoring solutions for
hosts, services, and networks released under an Open Source license."
Not sure what plugin you'll use for checking for the existence of a
file, or if you'll have to write your own, but I'd be surprised if it
doesn't exist already. We use it for our customer environments to
monitor the status of remote sites, hosts, and services on those
hosts.