[olug] DNS: anyone using DNAME?

David Walker olug at grax.com
Thu Feb 12 23:31:08 UTC 2009

If you are using the same bind server for both domains and nothing if
your config interferes, you can use the same zone file for both domains.
I often do this with my alias domains.

I don't know if this will work if you have your domains configured to be
updateable, I have not tried it.

http://www.simpledns.com/kb.aspx?kbid=1176 aims to explain why this is
an issue.