[olug] OT: xinetd/cvs question.

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Tue Feb 3 04:31:15 UTC 2009

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 9:58 AM, Mr Scsi <mrscsi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Without (re)writing code, can one grab the cvs root from the request coming
> into the xinetd process and assign it to a variable that could then be
> passed into the cvs parameters?

Ok, it's been 12 hours...I'll take a stab.

Could you make your own listener that xinetd calls, then perform your own
work on it and spawn the appropriate cvs command with parameters?

..or am I way off base?

I'm thinking you'd have to jump through hoops to have the first program hand
off the correct network socket connections unless it acted like a proxy
server...  Are there proxy servers for cvs servers?

Dan

--
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" (Who can watch the watchmen?) -- from the
Satires of Juvenal