[olug] Alltell / Windstream and a new DSL modem...

DYNATRON tech dynatron at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 22:37:24 UTC 2009

i have alltel (now windstream), and i use the speedstream 5200.

this is the same model that came with the service.
when a lightning strike took it out (along with the UPS it was attached to)
windstream wanted $100 to replace the 5200, so i dug another one out of my
part stash and flashed it with the routing software (some of them only work
in pass-through until flashed).

i use it as my gateway routing device and this model has worked flawlessly,
playing nice with my 3 other routers, for about 5 years.

it's a good piece of hardware with a ton of options, including a dyndns
client.