[olug] DD-WRT Router Suggestions?

Luke-Jr luke at dashjr.org
Sat Dec 26 02:46:26 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 23 December 2009 05:51:49 pm T. J. Brumfield wrote:
> The question is, can I find an equivalent or better router that
> supports a Linux firmware (like DD-WRT?)
>
> Ideally, I want something with at least 32 megs of RAM for processing,
> and at least 8 megs of RAM for flash storage. The newest releases of
> DD-WRT are getting larger than 4 megs. It would have gigabit ports,
> and 802.11n support.

I would love to find something similar to the OpenRD-Client with a builtin
switch and <= 5W power consumption... ;)

Linksys has a reputation for proprietary forks of Linux 2.4, as well as making
sharp reductions in RAM/flash without changing model numbers-- I'd verify
hardware support and specs before making any purchases.