[olug] Splunk and log scraping

T. J. Brumfield enderandrew at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 15:33:45 UTC 2009

phpLogCon looks promising, except it says I need to specify specific
text files to monitor for logs. The documentation doesn't tell me if I
can monitor an entire directory. I need to monitor application logs
for thousands of users. The file names will be based off nt login, and
will change as employee turnover occurs.

It also says it can talk to external tools, but doesn't offer any
specifics there either. It would be nice if I could send an alert to
SCOM.

-- T. J.