[olug] Invitation to connect on LinkedIn

Rob Townley rob.townley at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 22:41:46 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 3:16 PM, Theodore Katseres <tedkat at gmail.com> wrote:
> WTF?
>
> On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 1:39 PM, Kevin Lanik <kevin.lanik at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> LinkedIn
>> ------------
>>
>> Kevin Lanik requested to add you as a connection on LinkedIn:
>>
>> Ted,
>>
>> I'd like to add you to my professional network on LinkedIn.
>>
>> - Kevin
>>
>> Accept invitation from Kevin Lanik
>>
>> http://www.linkedin.com/e/kxWSPPPtMF2mQsY-FFV6BnW/blk/I1662046113_2/pmpxnSRJrSdvj4R5fnhv9ClRsDgZp6lQs6lzoQ5AomZIpn8_cBYPcj4Sd30OdzoNiiZ6gAB2jQVxiyYPcjsUcPgOcPALrCBxbOYWrSlI/EML_comm_afe/
>>
>> View invitation from Kevin Lanik
>>
>> http://www.linkedin.com/e/kxWSPPPtMF2mQsY-FFV6BnW/blk/I1662046113_2/39vcP4NdzgMczoSckALqnpPbOYWrSlI/svi/
>>
>> DID YOU KNOW that LinkedIn can find the answers to your most difficult
>> questions? Post those vexing questions on LinkedIn Answers to tap into the
>> knowledge of the world's foremost business experts:
>> http://www.linkedin.com/e/ask/inv-23/
>>

>> ------
>> (c) 2009, LinkedIn Corporation

> --
> Ted Katseres
>     ||=O=||

He probably accidentally mixed up an email address with a list
address.  i have done it.  The fault i see is with LinkedIn.  It does
not warn you that the invitation was not sent to an email address you
have registered with LinkedIn.  Computers are supposed to help
eliminate human error, not expand on it.  LinkedIn failed.  Glad
LinkedIn doesn't write ePrescribing software.

Then again, maybe i should give LinkedIn a _little_ slack because i am
a member of OLUG on LinkedIn?  Conceivably, olug at olug.org is
recognized as a legitimate sender to us via our LinkedIn OLUG.  Should
at least warn you it was sent to a group instead of a registered
personal email address.
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?displaySettings=&gid=35645&trk=myg_ugrp_set