[olug] [OT] Video Card Recommendation

Thomas D. Williamson twilliam at inebraska.com
Mon Dec 14 04:09:28 UTC 2009

Quoting Brian Roberson <roberson at olug.org>:

> Ok - time to squash this before it turns into (a bigger) flame war
>
> Let's leave the legal-ese to groklaw or the IP lawyers.

 From the keynote by Greg Korah-Hartman that was cited earlier:

I'm not a lawyer, nor do I want to be one, so don't ask me anything
else about this, please. If you have legal questions about license
issues, talk to a lawyer, never bring it up on a public mailing list
like linux-kernel, which only has programmers. To ask programmers to
give legal rulings, in public, is the same as asking us for medical
advice. It doesn't make sense at all.

Tom Williamson