[olug] Rack Mount KVM

phil at brutsche.us phil at brutsche.us
Mon Dec 14 00:41:28 UTC 2009

Gah, I meant to say "Compaq/HP aka HPQ".

Also, looking further, the Avocent AutoView 1415 is under $500 at most
places online.

It's an 8-port single-user KVM that uses CAT5 cabling.

If you don't strictly NEED the CAT5 cabling the SwitchView 1000 models
are a good buy and are under $300. The cables are extremely cheap at ~$10.

I have the AutoView 2015 at my employer and a SwitchView 1000 at another
site I work at. Both are very reliable. They put the Belkin crap to shame!

--

Phil Brutsche
phil at brutsche.us