[olug] OT: previous ntfs file recovery

Jordan Fox vmifox at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 02:34:37 UTC 2009

Two other, related, programs are scalpel and foremost.  foremost has been
around a lot longer, but then scalpel came out, based off foremost, but with
a newer algorithm that was a lot faster.  Now foremost has been updated to
use that algorithm as well.  I'd probably go with scalpel over foremost, but
it's been a while since I looked into either one.  They both will work on
any filesystem that you can mount in linux.

Jordan