[olug] IMAP/SquirrelMail strangeness

Mike Hostetler hostetlerm at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 01:34:45 UTC 2009

I was asked to work on an IMAP problem and, well . . . I'm stumped.

The server has uw-imap and SquirrelMail, which is the only IMAP client they
have. (AFAIK, only the local server is allowed to connect to uw-imap, so
SquirrelMail is the only client).  Whenever you log into SquirrelMail,  you
see the INBOX messages in every mailbox.  So if you goto Drafts, it doesn't
show the Drafts, it shows the Inbox messages. If you go to Trash, it shows
the INBOX messages.

They claim this used to work.  I'm not sure what changed (perhaps an
upgrade?).  Does anyone have any ideas?

--
Mike Hostetler
http://mike.hostetlerhome.com/