[olug] Installing multiple linux distros...

adunlop techworld.mail at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 18:41:15 UTC 2009

> You could simply change the UUID entries to /dev/sda1 or whatever. But
> just using Ubuntu's grub also works.

Yep, that's kind of what I guessed.  Not really that big of a deal.

>> The centos install was only an issue with new hardware support since
>> the kernel revision is behind. You will manually have to update
>> nic/audio/video drivers for centos if you have newer hardware (<
>> about
>> a year old).

CentOS is the primary distro I use.  Aside from a glitchy network
driver for the Realtek 8138/8139 integrated NIC on the AMD SB700/770
chipsets I've not had to mess with drivers at all.  That driver really
isn't CentOS's fault either.  It does run behind on kernel versions
but hey, it's a server distro, stability and long-life wins.  You're
always free to roll your own :)

Aaron