[olug] Recommendations for Lincoln NE

Kenny Kant kenny.kant at running-config.com
Wed Aug 5 07:34:21 UTC 2009

I second the ideas below.  It sure sounds like a saturated connection to
me.  Concentrate your traffic tests to Alltel's/windstreams default
gateway and see if you can get the same results.  Download pingplotter
(http://www.pingplotter.com/download.html) - there is a free 30 day
trial of this - and get it running on a machine on site and have it
record the output and failures, once again focusing on default Gateway.
Send the traces to windstream and escalate.  But if its a residential
connection YMV.  If you purchased your own DSL modem I would scrap it
and have the provider send you one that they deal with everyday,
ActionTec, Netopia ..etc dont give them any ability to point their
finger back at  you :)  Have you asked them to come out and do a line
test?

Kenny