[olug] Recommendations for Lincoln NE

Obi-Wan obiwan at jedi.com
Mon Aug 3 18:47:18 UTC 2009

> Personal experience w/ tech support on previous visits yields native
> english speaker, but "our end is up" is generally the response. Office
> staff must always run a gauntlet that begins w/ a communications barrier
> that more times than not ends in ending the call before satisfaction
> (from  customer's point of view).

That situation certainly won't improve if you switch to Time Warner!

In all fairness, though, if you report a problem that nobody else is
reporting, then the support folks are certainly going to need a good
bit of info from you, because the issues is specific to your connection
(even if it wasn't actually caused by you).

> Thanks. Other options or ideas welcome. Current DSL $$/mo ~25.00 I'm not
> sure if buying ugpraded plan from same provider will fix anything.

Well, Unite is out, then.  Switching to Internet Nebraska's DSL would
give you a much more personable customer service desk to call, and it
would then be their responsibility to deal with Windstream if it was a
circuit issue, not yours.