[olug] "I remember when..."

Christopher White slaeyer at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 07:50:53 UTC 2009

Ah Synchronet,

I remember you so fondly!  Such fun times playing those door games.
My first computer that my family bought was a Macintosh LC580 (I
pitched in nearly $200 of my own money from my part time job in school
to get this beast!).  It was an upgrade from the Mac Classic we were
"borrowing" at the time to get onto the local bbs.  When I'd saved
enough, I splurged on a 28.8 modem and later uploaded the 33.6
firmware to it!  Such speeds!!!  And the LC580 had a color screen!!!!!
 Simply amazing!!!

I've owned many machines since then but will always have a fond place
in my heart for that beautiful little Mac!!  It was so much fun to use
and seemed lightning fast compared to it's actual speed of 33 mhz!!!

Thanks for the trip down memory lane,
Chris from Kearney